Monday, December 17, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio

#20
Discover YouTube
March of the librarians is hilarious


Videos could be used to record IL courses and library tours.

#21
Podcasts
Sunnyvale PL seems to do a bit with podcasts:
http://www.podcast.net/show/84770
I like the idea of recording programs and especially informational programs like "Advance Care directives." This means people don't have to be at an event in order to benefit from it. The library thus extends its reach.

This - and video creation is a world to be discovered. I'd like to spend more time on it.


#22
eBooks and Audio eBooks
This is another thing I need to spend more time on. Especially technical issues; I often don't know how to respond when a patron asks what type of reader they need or what type of file an ebook is...

#23
Summarize your thoughts about this program on your blog.
Well, that was a whirlwind tour of learning 2.0! I learned some new things with this program. I also want to put in the thought that some of these resources are transitory. The next big 2.0 application may be just around the corner. As librarians seeking to keep learning, I think we need to stay abreast of these tools. And yet, we shouldn't be consumed by them either.

And with that said, I will sign off my 23 things!

Happy holidays

No comments: